expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 9 September 2016






5x5
 Songs
Jamie T -  'Turn on the light'
I love this song because Jamie T writes his music like stories and especially in this song you can create your own meaning to the metaphors he uses, the background music is simple but it just sounds really calm along with his voice.

The Smiths - 'Cemetery gates'
This song has a contrast of happy vibes and melancholy vibes, it sounds happy and the lyrics speak about graveyards which I really like about it. It also reminds me of being with friends drinking in my town near the graveyard there, we were playing this song and it holds a lot of nice memories.

DIIV - Bent (Roi's song)
DIIV are one of my favourite bands and this song sounds chilled and echoey which work together to make it sound how it does. I also find the lyrics relatable which makes me love it more. I think the band are amazing at making music and the whole song sounds almost slurred but in a good way.

Placebo - 'Pure morning'
This song has been with me since year 8 going into year 9 and it reminds me of those cliché 'coming of age' moments and years. My best friend first introduced me to this song and it reminds me of her, the guitar riffs in it sound very grunge which I also really like as well as the slow pace it has, The lyrics are cool too.

Drenge - Bloodsports
The first band I ever really got into were Drenge so I'll always love them, most of their songs are fast paced and angry which sound great live. 






No comments :

Post a Comment